+91 422 - 236 9253
+91 944 285 3333
Dr.N.G.P. Nagar, Kalapatti Road,
Coimbatore - 641048.
The college is sufficiently equipped with 1117 computers with adequate lab facilities.All systems are networked with high speed LAN, all original licensed software and leased-line internet connectivity. Windows 2008 server, Windows 2003 server, Windows NT, Linux server are the backbone of our Computer Lab. The fully air conditioned labs are helpful to the students to work beyond their college working hours. Many LCD and OHP projectors are used in the Computer lab for effective teaching.
Highlights of Computer Cell
- The Computer Cell is an excellent performance by having more than 1117 Computers and 125 Printers with latest configurations.
- There are 5 higher end servers are used for Database Server, Backup Server, Antivirus Server,File Server.
- There are 14 computer laboratories available in the campus.
- All the Computer Labs and few important areas in the college are surveillance by CCTV Camera.
- All of the computer labs are well equipped air-conditioned and power backup facility.
- College is provided 50 Mbps Leased-Line Internet for student and staff to enrich their subject and research skills.
- Separate Language Lab is available in our campus along with 66 terminals.
- Online examinations are conducted by reputed companies.
- All the computers are connected LAN & Wireless facility.
- Network security is provided by the help of higher end Cyberoam Firewall.
- All the latest genuine software's (Microsoft Campus Agreement) are installed to the computers.
- Printing and scanning facilities are available in our Computer Cell.
- Audio and Video recording facilitiesare also available in our Computer Cell.
Sports (Physical Education)
In the central library there are many books on different aspects of the physical Education available to help the students to gain knowledge about their Physical features. Also we have 4 station gym, weight lifting sets (Iron & Rubber), Cycling, Treadmill etc.
The Mission of our Department is to impart Physical and Mental Strength to all the Students of our College through Quality infrastructure in Sports and Games and being a platform for enhancing the personality through Participation in Recreation, Intramural and Extramural.
The Department of Physical Education aims to became an Academy for Sports and Games by producing Sports Men of both National and International Caliber.
Central Library plays a vital role in furthering the academic and research mission and facilitates creation and dissemination of knowledge. Beside holding an excellent print collection of over 30,064 volumes of books, more than 3,000 Back volumes and 210 journals, theses, reports, it also provides access to over 97,000+ electronic books, 6,000+ E - Journals and databases in Biosciences, Computer technology, social sciences and management. The library made a significant progress during the year.
Digital Library and N-LIST
Central Library has its own homepage (www.drngpasclibrary.pbworks.com), provides web-based access to its resources, procures over 97,000 electronic Books and 6,000 E - Journals and databases, supports on-line submission of theses and dissertations, and has set up an institutional repository of publications brought out by the Faculty community.
Collection Development and Management
Collection building is one of the important functions of the library that supports academic and research work of the students, faculty, staff and other users. Library collection comprising of books, journals, theses, reports, and other reading material in science, Computer technology, Commerce and management and is its greatest asset.
- Number of books available : 35000
- Number of titles available : 16500
- Books Added 2016-17 : 2500
- Database Available : CMIE Prowess, N-IST, Science Direct, EBSCOhost & IEEE Xplore Digital Library
- Indian Journals/Magazine : 220
- Foreign Journals/Magazine : 10
- No. of CDs & DVDs : 1750
- Average number of Students Visiting the library per day : 550
- Average number of books issued per day : 400
- Available of Internet : 50Mbps
- Availability of Language Lab : Yes
A list of new additions of books and reports is issued every fortnightly and can be accessed on the library home page. An E - Mail alert is also sent to the all faculty member(s) about the arrival of publications requested by them. Special care was taken to neatly maintain the library stacks to facilitate users to locate the desired document quickly.
Sharing of Resource
The library maintains excellent relations with UGC InfoNet - Digital Library Consortium (N-LIST). So our staff and student community may use ILL services to obtain articles not owned by the central library.
Users' education is an important regular activity of the library to inform, alert, educate and train users about various resources and services of the library. In addition to orientation programmes organized for new students, The College Hand Book & Calendar "Library Rules and Regulation" continues to be a popular medium to give detailed information about activities and services of the library.
Library Services: Reference, Consultation & Circulation
Circulation service helps users to make full use of library resources and services. It provides necessary assistance to users in locating information or document of their choice. The Library loaned 55969 books and other documents to its members during the year. In addition to members, 86499 visitors including students, research scholars and faculty members used the library. It is open from 08.00 AM to 08.00 PM hrs on all working days and from 09.00 AM to 05.00 PM hrs on Saturdays.
Library is also equipped with latest editions of books for various competitive examinations. The library also provides reprography and print out facility for students and staff members
- The Staff and Students should sign in the register as and when they enter the library.
- Personal belongings should be left on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- The library will function from 8.00 am - 8.00 pm
- Transaction time: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Book return time : 8.00 am - 12.00 pm
- Book Reservation : 8.00 am - 1.15 pm
- Book Issue time : 12.00 pm - 6.00 pm
- The library will be closed on Sundays and other government holidays.
- The library is fully computerized and has the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) Facility.
- Except loose sheets and money purse, personal belongings, and library books already issued will not be allowed inside the library.
- Severe disciplinary action will be taken against the users who are found misusing the library services.
- Students must return their books at the end of the academic year and obtain a NO DUE certificate from the librarain.
- Usage of cell phone is prohibited inside the library.
- Library books are the nation's assets and they belong to all. All users are requested to protect library books against wanton and wilful damages, mutilation, theft and other malpractice.
The quality of food offered in our college is on par with the best Food courts in the city. It is highly hygienic and satisfies the taste buds of students from various states.
The Library rules are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
The college boasts of 4 meeting halls to conduct guest lecturers / Seminars / Conferences / Symposium / Workshops to the varied audience. The capacity of the meeting halls ranges from 200 seats to 1000 seats.
Bank with ATM
There is an Indian Bank in our college premises which caters to all the financial needs of the staff and students. It also has an ATM which provides service for 24 hours
The college has a seperate Fitness Center for Boys&Girls with 1200 Sq.ft. It provides the latest exercise equipments which includes Cardio training and Weight Training
Excellent Transportation is one of the special features of our institution. We have a total of 30 Buses Running to all the parts of the Coimbatore and surrounding areas.