Dr. N. Kuppuchamy
+91 422 - 236 9237
Department of Tamil
Knowledge of the language also opens you to a vast amount of work such as literature, music, and drama with which the Tamil language is rich and abundant. Historical works are almost entirely written in the Tamil language. To understand how these (the arts and history) have come to define us as a people and to understand in-depth who we are requires knowledge of Tamil.
Department of Tamil was established in the year 1997 to impart knowledge of Tamil Culture and its literature to student community. More than thousand students are studying PART I Tamil. More than two hundred other Language students are studying Basic and Advanced Tamil.
To inculcate in students the intricacies of Tamil Language which stands as one of the oldest languages in the world so as to cater the necessity of discipline.
To accelerate the interest in Tamil language by allowing them to excavate their uniqueness that they may shine in the fields of culture, tradition and arts.
|S.No||Date||Event/Programme||Topic||Chief Guest, Designation|
|Academic Year 2018-2018|
|1.||27-Aug-18||Elangovadikal Tamil Mandram Thuvakka Vizha||Vallamal Tharaayo||Writer. Mrs. Aandaal Priyadarshini, Chennai|
|2.||25-Aug-18||Abdhul Kalam Ninaivu Naal - by Kalam Vizhipunarvu Iyakkam and Department of Tamil||Literary Competition||-|
|3.||11-Dec-18||Two Days Conference||Tamil Isai Marabukalum Aadalkalaiyum||Sakithya Academy|
|Academic Year 2017-2018|
|1.||08-Dec-17||Tamil Conference by Ulaga Tamil Panpattu Maiyam||Vaigai Tamil||Writer. Mr. Vannadasan, Thiyagarajar College, Madurai.|
|2.||14-Dec-17||Lecture||Bala Kaandathil Vinchi Nitrkum Unarvu Ethu?||Mr. Nanjundan, Kamban Kazhagam, Coimbatore.|
|3.||16-Dec-17||Tamil Award Function by Ulaga Tamil Panpattu Maiyam||Tamil Scholar Award given to Dr. Silamboli Sellappanaar||---|
|4.||11-Jan-18||Bharathi Memorial Day Speech||Acham Tavir||Dr. N. Kuppuchamy, Head, Department of Tamil|
|5.||31-Mar-18||Tamilosai Book Release Function||Puthiyana Virumbu||Ira. Kamarasu, Associate Professor, Tamil University, Thanjavur.|
|Academic Year 2016-2017|
|1.||22-Aug-16||Tamil Mandram Inaugural Ceremony||Puthiyathor Ulagu Seivom||Kongu Writer. Surya Gandhan Asst. Professor (Retd.) Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore|
|2.||26-Nov-16||Seminar by Ulaga Tamil Panpattu Maiyam||Thanjai Vattara Padaipilakiyam||Bharath College, Tanjore|
|Academic Year 2018-2019|
|1.||15-Oct-18||Distribution of book “En Vaazhvil Thirukural “ in association with Kalam Makkal Arakattalai to students||In-house|
|2.||18-Aug-18||53rd Coimbatore Zonal Level Literary Competitions for Coimbatore District School and College Students associated with Ramalingar Pani Mandram. Chief Guest: Mr. M. Manikam, Chairman, Sakthi Groups||In-house|
|3.||31-Oct-18||Children’s Day Celebration Tamil Oratorical Competition and Literary Competitions||Govt. Aadhi Dhiravidar Nala High School, Pasur|
|Academic Year 2017-2018|
|1.||13-Oct-17||Gandhi Memorial Literary Competition||Government School, Chinnavedampatti, Coimbatore|
|Academic Year 2016-2017|
|1.||30-Aug-16||State Level Literary Competition associated with Ramalingar Pani Mandram||In-house|
|2||14-Nov-16||Children’s Day Celebration - Oratorical Competition, Poetry Competition||Govt. High School, Veeriyampalayam, Coimbatore|
|3||12-Dec-16||One Day Symposium associated with Sakithya Academy Chief Guest: Tamil Writer T. Jayakandhan||In-house|
- With the inception of the college in 1997, the Department has been in existence to Impart Tamil Language and Literature to Undergraduate Student.
- The Tamil Department has 13 efficient Faculty members among whom 9 are Doctorates and the other 4 are also pursuing their Ph.D.
- Five members of Staff have Cleared NET/SET Exam of UGC .
- The Tamil Department brings its Magazine Tamil Oosai consistently every year since 1998. More than 18 Tamil Oosai Issues were published.
- The Department has Received a sum of Rs 2,50,000 from Central Institute Of Classical Tamil in order to conduct a National level seminar on "Pathinenkeezh Kanaku Noolkalil Vazhviyal Membattu Chinthanaikal" between 24th of Feb 2014 – 05th of March 2014 .
- The department has conducted more a 250 Guest Lectures which includes 120 International Tamil Scholars.
- Our Honorable Chairman's Great Thinking and Generosity had paved the way for the Center For Tamil Culture. The Center has three Missions with the Vision of protecting Tamil Language & Tamil People.
- To Release Great books in Tamil to award 3 Tamil writers & Scholars with an amount of one Lakh per each and to conduct thought provoking conferences. The centre continues its service consistently during every year.
- The Department of Tamil & English Jointly Publish the college Magazine during Every Year.
- The Following faculties have received various prestigious awards
Dr.K.Selvi - YOUNG TAMIL INTELLECT
Dr .N.Bhagavathi Ammal - SRI BHARATHI, YOUNG TAMIL INTELLECT, KATHAI AAIVU CHUDAR
Dr.S. Thangamanikandan - KAVI MUHIL, TAMIL SIRPI 2007
Ms.M. Malarselvi - ELAKIYACH SUDAR, ARUL NITHI
Ms R. Veeramani - KATHAI AAIVU CHUDAR
Dr.K.Murugesan - KATHAI AAIVU CHUDAR
Mr.N.Krishnaraj - UDUMALAI NARAYANAKAVI ILLAKIYA VIRUTHU, SITHANTHA RATHINAM
- The Tamil Department faculty members have published above 250 papers.
- The Department Faculty members published above 16 books.
- To Incultuate the linguistics greatness of poet Kamban among the tamil students the department conducted "Lectures on Kambaramayana" in collaboration with Kamban Kazhagam every year.
- To introduce the students about the Tamil software the department organized a workshop on "The Role Of Computer In Teaching Learning on 11.03.2013". The students are benefited & Second Year Tamil learning Students have taken Seminars using PPT's pertaining to their Syllabus.
- "Elangovadigal Tamil Manram" conducts "Bharathi Vizha" during every Year.
- "Elangovadigal Tamil Manram" also conducts various literary competitions to encourage the students writing and creative skill.
- Podhigai channel conducted the Program "TAMIL PESU TAMILAI PESU" on our Campus .
Books Published By Faculties
|S.No||Author||Name of the Book||Publisher|
|02.||2.SONNAK KOVAM VARUNGA||
|03.||3. KUDI KUDIYAIK KEDUKKUM
4. IKKALA ILAKIYATHIL KAVIGNAR VAIRAMUTHU
|04.||5. PALAVESAKAARAN KATHAI-PANMUGA AAIVU||
|05.||6. PUTHILAKIYAM KAATTUM SINTHANAIGAL||
|06.||7. SITTHIRA PUTHIRA NAIYINAR KATHAI KELATHUKAARAN KATHAI||
|07.||DR.K.SIVAPRAKASAM||ILAKIYAM KAATTUM VAAZHVIYAL|
|08.||DR.S. THAMARAI PANDIYAN||1.KARUVARAIYAE KALARAIYAAGA||
|09.||2. KUYILA VANNAN KATHAI||
|10.||3.VALLALA MAHARASAN KATHAI||
|11.||4. KALIYALAATTAP PAADALKAL OOR AAIVU||
|12.||DR.R.VIJAYAN||TAMIL ILAKIYA VARALARU VINAA VIDAI VADIVIL||
|13.||DR.N.KUUPUCHAMY||SOORIYA KANDHAN PUDHINANGALIL KONGU MARABUM VAAZHVIYALUM||
|14.||DR.K.MURUGESAN||SREE PATTABISEKA RAMAR THIRUKOVIL VARALARUM VAZHIPADUM||
ROJA OFFSET PRINTERS
M.Phil (Full/Part Time) - Tamil
|1 Year (Full Time)||November||10|
|2 Years (Part Time)||November||20|
- M.A.Tamil with 55% or above
Ph.D. (Full/Part Time) - Tamil
|3 Years (Full Time)||July/November||10|
|2 Years (Part Time)||July/November||20|
|01. Associate Professor & Head|
|Name:||Dr. N. Kuppuchamy|
|Qualification:||MA, M. Phil., Ph. D.|
|Specialization:||Modern Litreture, Sangam Litrature, Folklore & Criticism|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., SET.|
|03. Associate Professor|
|Specialization:||Sangam Litreture, Modern Litreture, Folklore|
|04. Assistant Professor|
|Name:||Dr. T. Sivakumar|
|Qualification:||MA, Ph. D.|
|Specialization:||Modern Literature, Folklore and Criticism Sitrilakkiyam|
|06. Assistant Professor|
|Name:||Ms. R. Veeramani|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.), SET|
|Specialization:||Modern Literature and Sangam Literature|
|07. Assistant Professor|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.)|
|Specialization:||Sangam Litrature, Epics, Modern Litreture, Folklore|
|08. Assistant Professor|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., SET., NET., (Ph.D.)|
|Specialization:||Ilakkanam, Pakthi Ilakkiyam, Modern Litrature|
|09. Assistant Professor|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D|
|Specialization:||Sangam Litrature, Folklore, Ethnography, Anthropology|
|10. Assistant Professor|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., (Ph.D)., SET., NET.|
|11. Assistant Professor|
|Name:||Dr. K. Murugesan|
|Qualification:||M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D.|
|Specialization:||Sangam Litrature, Modern Litreture, Bakthi Ilakiyam|
|12. Assistant Professor|
|Qualification:||M.A., M.Phil., NET., (Ph.D.)|
|13. Assistant Professor|
|Name:||Dr. M. Sindhu|
|Qualification:||MA, B. Ed., M. Phil., Ph. D., UGC – SET|
|14. Assistant Professor|
|Name:||Mr. B. Vignesh|
|Qualification:||MA, B. Ed., M. Phil., (Ph. D.)|
|Specialization:||Flok lore/ bhakthi illakkiyam|