Youth Red Cross
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth program. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management. The program focuses on the following areas:
- Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
- Encourage community service through training and education
The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
The Youth Red Cross of Dr. N.G.P Arts and Science College has worked over the course of academic year to bring not just a host of programmes for the students, but also ensuring that the programmes are an experience worth learning from for all the students. Our Youth Red Cross unit has been established in the year 1998 with the affiliation of Tamil Nadu Red Cross Society.
" WORK FOR PEACE; THINK FOR HUMANITY; SERVE FOR ENVIRONMENT "
- Students from Youth Red Cross have actively served in the establishment of Garden in the central prison Coimbatore.
- Through Youth Red Cross our students has donated books to library of central prison Coimbatore.
- Our students have represented our college in central prison coimbatore for several functions.
- Youth Red Cross has successfully conducted the first practical oriented AIDS awareness program- "ELISA CHALO" in our campus.
- Awareness on HIV test- ELISA has given to our students by N.Parameswari ICTC, Singanallur.
- ELISA screening was done in three batches inside our college campus.
- More than 500 students along with teaching, non- teaching staff's including house keeping were under gone the HIV- ELISA test.
- Through Youth Red Cross with the help of ICTC, Singanallur we had done the test at free of cost.
- Dr. K.Mahadevan, M.D.D.V, From CMCH has delivered a lecture on the present status on AIDS and its preventive measures to our students.
- Youth Red Cross has conducted free skin care consultation and provided medicines for over 150 students including staffs through Dr.K.Mahadevan, Reader in STD, CMCH.
Office Bearers of Youth Red Cross:
Ex- Officio President: DR. P.R.Muthuswamy, Principal
Programme Officer: Dr.S.Thangamanikandan, Assistant Professor in Tamil
Student Coordinator: Mr.S.Krishanth – II BBA 'B'
- Mr.S.Eswaramoorthi, Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Mr.D.Senthilnathan, Assistant Professor in Corporate Secretaryship.
- Mr.Nagalaksmi, Assistant Professor in English.
- Mr.Nanthakumar, Assistant Professor in Computer Science.
- Dr.K.Murugesan, Assistant Professor in Tamil.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized on 21.09.15. More Than 150 Students Have Participated And 100 Sample Units Of Blood Have Collected From The Students.
- Road Safety And Driving Awareness Camp Was Held On 09.10.2015, Presided Over By Mr.G.Ganesan.
- Blood Donation Camp Was Organized On 18.12.2015. More Than 120 Students Have Participated And 72 Sample Units Of Blood Have Collected From The Students.
- A Training on Online Application for PAN and PASSPORT Process had Been Conducted by Mr.S.Senthilprabu, Assistant Professor in Corporate Secretaryship.
- Our Youth Red Cross unit has associated with various professional social service bodies like Siruthuli etc.
- In this academic year, so far we have helped seven of our Students to get their passports.
- We have conducted a Blood Donation Camp in association with our College NSS unit, CMC Blood Bank Coimbatore, Lions Club of Coimbatore Elite and Primary Health Center Coimbatore. More than 100 students have participated and 62 sample units of blood have collected from the students.
- Mr. C. Karthick has been awarded as the Best Program Officer from Indian Red Cross Society on 24.08.2014.