Roles & Responsibilities
- To make alumni of Dr. N.G.P. Arts and Science College under one forum for exchange of experience, knowledge and talents amongst members and the students of the college.
- To maintain an effective alumni database and updating the records periodically.
- Inviting alumni for annual Alumni Meet in the month of January. In this meet the alumni will get a chance to reconnect with the alma mater and old friends.
- To promote local chapters in different parts of India and abroad by enrolling new alumni.
- Monitor and obtain the local chapter activities and publish in the newsletter.
- Honoring the distinguished alumni for a particular year by inviting as a Chief Guest for the Republic Day.
- To collect financial aid for deserving poor students studying at the college.
- To bring out a newsletter highlighting all the activities of the College and its Alumni.
- To create and establish alumni endowments for granting scholarships to the students showing high proficiency in their studies.
- To encourage alumni for effective participation of various academic activities like Board of Studies Member, Research Support and Funding.
- To ensure proper maintenance of accounts and conduct of auditing every year.
- Alumni shall be invited as resource persons for various events. They provide inputs and share their experiences regarding skills, recent technologies & trends in corporate world, application of knowledge and corporate working culture.
- Regular update of all the achievements and development plans of the college to all alumni through Mail/Calls/SMS/Facebook etc.
- Invite former students for “Training of Trainers Programme”. They assist and guide the students to crack the interviews. They also share their experience with the students and motivate them for their career development in various domains.
- Celebrate the National important days like teachers day, hepatitis day by inviting the former students as a guest to inaugurate the function.
- Implementing new initiatives for the development of the students by donating books.
- Star Performer Award will be presented for the final year students (both UG & PG) by recognizing their outstanding academic achievements.
Tenure of the Committee
The committee shall hold office for a period of three academic years.
Periodicity of the Meeting
A minimum of four general body meetings will be held annually (In the first week of May/June, Jan/Feb, Oct/Nov and Apr/May).