Sexual Harassment Complaints Committee
||Prof. Dr. V. Rajendran,
Dean - Student Affairs
Mr. A. Mohan,
Advocate & Notary Public, External Member
Clinical Lab Technology
Dr. S. Renugadevi,
Costume Design & Fashion
Dr. M. Jayachandran,
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assuring the sexual harassment free academic, work place environment and to prevent sexual harassment by providing protection to women at the workplace.
- Evolving a permanent mechanism for the prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women at workplace.
- Promoting a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
- Planning and organizing awareness programme on sexual harassment to create a protected physical and social environment to suspend any act of sexual harassment
- Receiving complaints if any from member of the institution claiming sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Any complaint received by the members should be immediately forwarded and this must be notified to other committee members at the earliest and a meeting should be called for discussing the matter.
- The Committee shall discuss and decide to deal with the case or reject the complaint and recommend to the Institute that no action is required to be taken in the matter
- The Committee shall proceed to make inquiry into the complaint in accordance with the provisions of the service rules applicable to the respondent considering sexual harassment as misconduct.
- Ensuring confidentiality with respect to complaints registered and follow up actions.
- Providing a redressal mechanism for complaints relating to sexual harassment at the workplace.
Tenure of the Committee
The Committee will be for Three Academic years.
Periodicity of the Meeting
Sexual Harassment Complaints Committee meeting shall be conducted twice in a year ( July and January ) or whenever required shall be conducted.